U+H Biz Platform Privacy Notice
Hang Seng Bank is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal data it holds by complying with applicable data privacy laws and regulations. This notice (“Privacy Notice”) applies to U+H Biz platform, including the website located at https://www.uhbiz.co, as well as any related apps and communications and any other services stated to be offered or provided subject to these terms and conditions (together, the “U+H Biz Platform” or “Platform”).
This U+H Biz Privacy Notice describes how Hang Seng Bank processes your personal data when you access or use the U+H Biz Platform. It describes the type of information we collect about you, how we’ll use that information, who we’ll share it with, the circumstances when we’ll share it and what steps we’ll take to make sure it stays private and secure. It continues to apply even if you stop using the U+H Biz Platform.
1. About this Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 30 January 2023
This Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time and the most recent version can be found here.
1.1 How this Privacy notice applies to you
This Privacy Notice applies to your use of the U+H Biz Platform wherever you are located in the world.
In these Terms, references to:
- a)“HSB”, “we” and “us” are to Hang Seng Bank Limited;
- b)“you” and “User” is to any individual who accesses the U+H Biz Platform; and
- c)“Corporate Member” means any company, partnership, business or organization that You represent or act on behalf of when you access the U+H Biz Platform.
2. Collection of your personal data
The personal data we collect from you (as described below) is required to provide you with access to the U+H Biz Platform and any related services.
We require your personal data to provide the U+H Biz Platform and to perform our obligations to you under the U+H Biz Terms and Conditions and to enable us to fulfil our legal and regulatory compliance obligations, as described below. Failure to provide your personal data which is indicated as mandatory, (or if all personal data submitted to us is not complete, accurate, true and correct) may mean it is not possible to provide you with access to the U+H Biz Platform.
2.1 The personal data we collect
We’ll only collect your personal data in line with relevant regulations and law. The information we collect may include:
(a) Information that you and/or the Corporate Member provide to us:
- personal details, including. name, previous names, gender, date of birth, occupation;
- information concerning your identity, including passport details or other photo ID or social security/insurance number;
- contact details, including home and work address, email address and phone numbers;
- user login and subscription data, including login credentials for the U+H Biz Platform;
- other information about you that you give us by filling in forms, surveys, or by communicating with us, whether face-to-face, by phone, email, online, or otherwise.
(b) Information we collect or generate about you and/or the Corporate Member:
- information about you or the Corporate Member(s) you represent and their relationship with us, including the channels you use and your ways of interacting with us, e.g. the U+H Biz Platform or any of the APIs or other third party services accessible through the U+H Biz Platform when you use or access the same;
- information concerning complaints and disputes, e.g. in respect of content published on the site or an event promoted through the U+H Biz Platform or an individual’s use of the same;
- information included in customer documentation you provide to us;
- cookies, and similar technologies we use to recognise you, remember your preferences and tailor the content we provide to you.
- investigations data, including due diligence checks, sanctions and anti-money laundering checks, external intelligence reports, content and metadata related to relevant exchanges of information between and among individuals, organisations, including emails, voicemail and live chat;
- records of correspondence and other communications between us, including email, telephone conversations, live chat, instant messages and social media communications;
- information that we need to support our regulatory obligations, including information about you or the Corporate Member(s) you represent, transaction details, purpose of payment, ordering customer information, counterparty/beneficiary information, identification documents, detection of any suspicious and unusual activity and information about parties connected to you or these activities; and
- information about the devices you use to access the U+H Biz Platform e.g. software and IP address.
The U+H Biz Platform is not intended to be used by children under the age of 18 and we do not intend to collect any personal data from children under the age of 18.
(c) Information we collect from other sources:
We may work with third parties including data management agencies and ad networks who use technologies such as spotlight monitoring, web beacons and cookies to collect information for research purposes. Please see further details in our Cookies Policy at Online Important Notices - Hang Seng Bank.
3. The purposes for which we use your personal data
3.1 We use and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with access to the U+H Biz Platform, including identifying you and carrying out your instructions, publishing content, organising events, sending alerts, service messaging and notification of activities;
- to manage our relationship with you or the Corporate Member / business you represent as part of our provision of the U+H Biz Platform;
- to connect you with other persons or organizations using the U+H Biz Platform (“Other Member(s)”) or third party providers whose products or services you wish to access through the U+H Biz Platform, or if you wish to attend an event or connect with another User of the U+H Biz Platform;
- to prevent or detect crime, including fraud and financial crime, e.g. financing for terrorism and human trafficking;
- security and business continuity and risk management;
- product and service improvement, including data analytics to better understand how you use the U+H Biz Platform, our services and/or services of Other Members and to improve the search algorithms and any AI functionality on the U+H Biz Platform, and to respond to any service issues you may have;
- to protect our legal rights, comply with our legal obligations, respond to any requests, demands, queries or complaints (from you, Corporate Members, regulatory authorities, law enforcement agents or any third parties), or deal with any disputes or concerns that may arise;
- to market relevant products or services of Hang Seng Bank or Other Members, where permitted (see the section below on direct marketing)
- system or product development and planning, audit and administrative purposes; and
- other purposes directly related to each of the foregoing.
3.2 Direct Marketing
We may use your name, contact information, company profile information of the Corporate Member you represent (including information related to your activities on the U+H Biz Platform, such as click footprint) for direct marketing of Other Members’ and/or our products and services for the exclusive use of the Corporate Member you represent.
3.3 Tracking or recording what you say or do
We may record details of your interactions with us, including emails, telephone conversations, live chats, video chats and any other kinds of communication, as well as your activities on the U+H Biz Platform, such as click footprint). We may use these recordings to check your instructions to us, assess, analyse and improve our service, train our people, manage risk or to prevent and detect fraud and other crimes. We may also capture additional information about these interactions, such as information about the devices or software that you use.
3.4 Compliance with laws and regulatory compliance obligations
We’ll use your personal data to meet our compliance obligations, to comply with other laws and regulations and to share with regulators and other authorities that Hang Seng Bank is subject to. This may include using it to help detect or prevent crime (including terrorism financing, money laundering and other financial crimes).
4. Third parties with whom we might share your personal data
We may share your information with others where lawful to do so, including where we or they:
- need to in order to provide you with products or services you’ve requested, including fulfilling a payment request, sharing information with third party vendors whose products you wish to access through the U+H Biz Platform;
- have a public or legal duty to do so, including to assist with detecting and preventing fraud, tax evasion and financial crime;
- need to do so in connection with regulatory reporting, litigation or asserting or defending legal rights and interests;
- have a legitimate business reason for doing so, including sharing your information and information about your use of the U+H Biz Platform with a connected person to your U+H Biz Platform account or our affiliates;
- to manage risk, verify your identity, enable another business to provide you with services you’ve requested, or assess your suitability for products and services; or
- have asked you for your permission to share it, and you’ve agreed.
We may share your information for these purposes with others, including the Corporate Member / profile owner you represent, our affiliates and any sub-contractors, agents or service providers who work for us or provide services to us or our affiliates (including their employees, sub-contractors, service providers, directors and officers).
5. Your rights in respect of your personal data
You have the right to access and correct information we hold about you and to obtain information about how we process it;
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out below. You may also have a right to complain to the relevant data protection regulator in the territory in which you live or work.
6. More details about your information
If you’d like further information on anything we’ve said in this notice, or if you would like to exercise your rights to access and correct your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
The Data Protection Officer Hang Seng Bank, 20/F, 113 ARGYLE STREET, MONGKOK, KOWLOON, HONG KONG, Hong Kong